Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Barney and Friends

This one is taking it way back! Even though I watched Barney when I was a youngen I still remember it well. He was everyone's favorite purple dinosaur. I had a Barney plate, lunch box, thermos, and sheet set. I also had a Baby Bop doll. After watching an episode of Barney I'm not really sure what it was that I liked so much about it. I guess it isn't like Rugrats where you are still entertained the older you get. Maybe it was the songs and adventures that I found so entertaining. Barney did teach children to use their imagination and to be a caring and kind. Watching it now it does make me laugh the way Barney giggles and hops around. I'm starting to think Barney looks a little bit more like an alligator than a dinosaur. It's something about the shape of his nose/mouth. Any thoughts? It is cool how when they are imagining things it is how you would actually imagine it yourself. For example, in the video below they pretend that a bench is an airplane and baggage check was the slide, which is what I would have done. This is a more realistic way than just showing their imagination from more of a "day dream" perspective. Full episodes can be found on Youtube and Netflix. I might as well end this blog the way Barney ended all of his episodes...I love you, you love me, we're a happy family, with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, won't you say you love me too.


No comments:

Post a Comment