Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Friends

Although Friends started airing in the 90's I didn't start watching it until last year. I instantly fell in love with it though! It's one of those shows I can watch over and over again and not get sick of. I really like the humor in it. I feel like in a way everyone has somewhere down the line been friends with a Rachael, Phoebe, Ross, Chandler, Joey, or Monica. Maybe you just never all hung out in the same group though. I would love to have a group of close friends like that all living near by. Especially after dealing my friends going to different schools and then the friends I've made at Bradley will be going to different locations for jobs. I think my favorite out of the group would probably be Monica, even though she is a feisty control freak. Phoebe is a close second. I love all of her weird songs such as "Smelly Cat".  I think my least favorite is Rachael. To me she just isn't as funny as the rest. While watching Friends I noticed a few things. When Phoebe gets replaced at Central Perk by a professional singer she sings outside and has her guitar case open for people to throw money in. As her and Rachael are talking a teenage boy runs to them asking if he dropped a condom in her case. The boy later became her brother Frank Jr. I also noticed that after Emma was born, Ben stopped making appearances on the show. 

There have been some rumors that Friends was going to have a new season in 2014 showing the reunion of the 6 friends. I was really excited at the possibility of this happening but didn't want to get my hopes up Unfortunately, today I read where the co-creator of the show said there will not be another season. I wanted another season not only out of my pure love for the show but also because the final episode had me pondering a few things. How crazy was it for Monica and Chandler to raise the twins? What do the twins look like now? What does Monica and Chandler's house in the suburbs look like? How is Phoebe and Mike's marriage going? Do they have kids? Did Joey ever settle down? Then of course the question everyone is most concerned about, did Ross and Rachael get married? I guess I'll never know the answers to these questions. 

Episodes of Friends are shown on TBS and Nick at Nite. Online episodes can be found at nickatnite.com. Since there are episodes online and multiple reruns at multiple times available on TV I am not going to post an episode of friends. Instead, I am including the link to 35 Phoebe Buffay songs. 





7 comments:

  1. I just started watching Friends recently too! It took me a semester and a half, but I finally finished every single episode. I love this show and was really excited about a reunion in 2014! But then I was thinking that maybe it's better if there isn't one because with a show like this, I feel like it would never be able to live up to everyone's expectations. At first I heard that there would be a single Thanksgiving episode and then the other day I heard they're doing an entire season. I think a season would be a little much, but I wouldn't mind one more reunion show where we see how everyone ended up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree one episode might be better. Or even a movie! No, actually a movie might be too much also, but just anything would be nice.

      Delete
  2. I never watched Friends when it originally aired, since we were too young, but I would watch it from time to time with my friend in high school because it's her favorite show. I liked it back then when we would watch it, but I've been watching it recently on Nick and Nite and I absolutely love it too! I want to watch all the seasons, it's a new goal of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are the 25 Best Fashion Moments of Friends.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/amartell/the-25-best-fashion-moments-on-friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends was a show I could never get into. I'm not sure what it is about the show, as normally I like most sitcoms, but I just don't seem to like it that much. It's weird because I actually like most the actors in other shows. Most people seem to love it, but I guess it's just not my style of show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Friends and I watch it every night before I go to bed. Like others, I didn't watch the first few seasons because we were a little young, but in high school, my friends bought me all the seasons on DVD for my birthday! Let's just say I spent a lot of time watching TV those next few weeks. Besides the hilarious moments and comments during the show, I loved seeing such a strong bond that the 6 of them had, they would do anything to help each other out. I think the best thing about their characters, is that in some way or another, we can relate to each of them Monica with her obsessions, Phoebe with her quirks, Rachel with her love of shopping, Joey's humor, Chandler's sarcasm and Ross' geeky self.

    I posted about the Friends reunion not happening today on Facebook, and was a little upset that there wouldn't be a reunion but also kind of glad at the same time. Many times when shows have these reunions and re-makes, it kind of ruins the original. It would have been cool to see where they would be now, but at least we still have re-runs!

    It would be cool if they did a reunion special on TV as themselves, just where they get together and talk about their time on the show, like on Dateline or something like that. Having them all in the same room together would be pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still my favorite show. Ever. Could watch every episode over and over and still laugh.

    ReplyDelete